This section contains a number of questions we get about UPStartup Conclave from audience. Our expert team of serial entrepreneurs and industry veterans answer the most frequently asked questions (FAQ) relating to Student Startups, Ideas, New Businesses, Revenue Models, Investors, Mentors, Incubation and Space, and the Startup Funding.
- Students of any recognized colleges/universities (of UP) who are in ideation stage of their startup plan or already working on it.
- Non Student category entrants who are in ideation stage of their start-ups.
- Already working start-ups.
Startups in sectors that align with the mandate of the UP Government will be given a preference. Accordingly, six sectors have been identified along with an additional seventh miscellaneous category for startups.
- Agro & Food Processing
- Advanced Technology
The last date for form submission will be 5th of September 2018. The programme will be organized on 15th of September 2018 at Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM).
Startups will be evaluated on the following parameters:
- Unique Value Proposition
- Leadership Team
- Social Impact
- Sustainability & Scalability
- Technology Advantage (if any)
- Marketing Strategy
Top 10 entries will be selected in each sector and top 3 MVP & Ideation stage startups will be awarded cash prizes!
- Opportunity to showcase one's Business Plan in a national-level event organized by the Department of IT & Electronics, Government of Uttar Pradesh which will be attended by top Leaders and Officials of the UP Government, Industry stalwarts, Entrepreneurs, Investors, Public and Private Incubators, Accelerators and Students.
- Opportunity to network with Mentors, Investors, Industry Experts, Incubators and successful Entrepreneurs.
- Prizes and accolades for Best 3 Business Ideas identified in Ideation category and Best 3 Startups in Product-ready category.
- Recognition to best Business Plans / Products in Ideation and Product-ready (MVP) Categories from each industry sector- opportunity to present the business pitch to an esteemed jury and audience for the Final round.
- Certificate of Merit to all Winners and Finalists. Certificate of Participation to all Teams/Startups shortlisted for pitching in the preliminary round.
- Space for Product display (stalls & canopies) for selected startups at the event site.
- Opportunity to get selected by UP Government recognized Incubators and thus being eligible for benefits under 'UP IT & Startup Policy 2017!
- Opportunity for investment-ready startups to participate in Investor-Pitching event to be organized later, this year.
- Prizes sponsored by Incubators/Industry for sector winners.
- Opportunity for startups to showcase their product to concerned Department Officials, in a one-to-one meeting.